Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Pretty Pleasant Day in Petoskey

A little paraphrasing from Harold Corbusier - I needed more alliteration though...

The day Jenny and I had in Petoskey.


-First stop The Original Pancake House.











-For some delicious pancakes. Well, more like a huge apple, carmel, pancake piece of goodness.
-Things I love - water and lemons. And The Dutch Baby pancake that reminds me of Amsterdam (see "For the Love of Food link for more food finds on the right column).



-Then Jenny and I had a leaf race down the stream.
-Jenny won. The people behind here were very intriged by the goings on...

-...so they took our picture.
-Who thought drainage could be so pretty?
-On to flying kits. Jenny with her inflatable Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles kite.
-And trying to get it up in the air.
-Me trying the same with the classic Spiderman kite.









-What I saw of the kite in the air. The wind wasn't cooperating so much, so we took the kites to the pier to get lake winds.









-And to try trick kiting. Yep, trick kiting. Here's me just holding on with a pinky.







-Jenny with her eyes closed, back turned and leaning over the fence. If only there were a mirror.




-Me with the string under my leg, leg on fence and pointing and looking backward.

-Not sure what we're doing here, but we never did cross our kites.






-On to the Book Stop where they have a whole Theodore Roosevelt section!

-Gyros and Greek salad at Mim's.








-The all American DQ.
-And ending out the day at Camp Pet-o-se-ga.






No comments: