Monday, January 21, 2008

Snowshoe Mania

I realize this might be too much snow for some people, but this is (hopefully) what you get in the north!

-Sandy and I starting out on our 3 hour adventure at Black Mountain, Cheboygan County.

-One of the long hills we went up. It really doesn't do it justice.
-A little more scope. I felt like dying.

-Sandy going down.
-The less visited, but celebrated Cheboygan State Park, looking out to Lake Huron (with Sandy).
-The snowman I made by the lighthouse ruins.
-Jenny and I starting out at CSP.
-Jenny's really excited she finally got snowshoes!

-Yep. Snowed all weekend. That and it was freezing (more than freezing with temps in the single digits and wind chills below zero).

Me in action on the trails.
-Lighthouse Ruins!
-Jenny's artistic vantage on my Yukon Charlies.

-Jenny, Sandy and I at Mill Creek (Historic Mill Creek Discovery Park, more appropriately now).

-Sandy and I on the trails. It's gorgeous!
-Jenny and Sandy enjoying a little sun.

-The creek.
-Pushing snow into the creek bring great amusement, but the snow was so high we just ended up punching holes on the railings. Thought it was a good view.

-On a clear day you can see forever...or at least to Mackinac Island!


1 comment:

Geoffrey said...

I miss that Island!