Monday, July 21, 2008

Mid Summer

Weatherwise, it's been kind of cool, but my kind of summer...in the 70s. Keeping to the island a bit more because of everything going up in price, but still getting out and seeing stuff.
-One of my countless bikes around the island came upon this sailboat under the sun near Arch Rock.
-I went with Sandy north to exchange her newly fixed car in Marquette. We met up with her brother and mom and overtook Sugarloaf Mountain!
-The trail going up.
-Me and Sandy's family.
-The view from the top, looking over Marquette.
-Sandy holding the Yooperdome in her hand.

-A lot of storms coming through, too. Here's a huge storm going south of us.
-And one to the north...sometimes getting us, but it tends to split at the straits.
-Across the pond again, and I played tourist taking pictures from the ferry of the laker passing through.

-We had the Vintage Base ball game again: Mackinac Never Sweats vs. Mackinaw City Boys. Sandy led my sister + friends to the field.
-A fine game, although the Never Sweats lost. The two teams hadn't played since 1886!
-Beth, John Hiller (of '68 Tigers fame) and I.
-I forget what Jennifer and Brian had to keep secret.
-Phil got up and played Wild Thing for everyone.
-People like to do the rock formations and there's been more on the shore than ever before!
-Tons of rabbits, too. I finally got a picture of the bunny.
-The 100th running of the Chi-Mac race was last weekend. Heather and I went out to see the chaos.
-And Peggy, Chris and Carolyn enjoyed the dancing fun.
-As did Alvero...wonderful dancer from Mexico!



1 comment:

Liz said...

did you ever find jimmy buffet?